Give your camping adventure a new style, coz why not?
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. The views, opinions, and tips expressed here do not necessarily reflect the other travelers’ thoughts. I’m not an expert. My purpose of writing is to share my story, hoping, somehow, to be helpful and inspirational to some – if not all.
Nature camping is not just in the mountains. You can do it anywhere you feel it too. So, we tried to find a campsite near a lake, river, or any flowing water; and we found one at Natural Habitat.
The place is perfect if you want exclusivity as it only accommodates a single reservation per booking so as not to crowd the area. This makes it an option for your family, friends, colleagues, or any group activities.
Your chill stay here can only cost you 150 per head and you’re free to use their amenities. Electricity and water supplies are available. Wi-fi is even available should you need it.
Just bring your food and drinks with you during your stay. Stores are a bit far from the site unless you would want to go out yourself to procure them. However, there are available drinks for sale (limited only).
The river in the area is clean and refreshing as well.
For directions and detailed information about this campsite, just follow the instruction below c/o the Natural Habitat or visit their FB page:
OVERNIGHT CAMPING RATE
– Bring your own tents/hammocks
– Free to use the a-frame payag and camp around the skate ramp
– No corkage for food.
– You may cook your own food. Please bring your own cooking and eating utensils. We can only provide a butane stove. There is also space for grilling or firewood cooking.
– Tubod water (drinkable)
– Common CR
We do not offer food and beverages for sale at the moment. But we do sell beer and kulafu, just let us know ahead of time if you’d like us to prepare some ice-cold beer for you.
- River trekking
- Trek to a sunset view-spot
- Trek to nearby falls (with a guide)
*Please book ahead of time as they DO NOT ACCEPT WALK-INS.
Vhire from IT Park – ask the driver to drop you off at Jollibee Balamban/UK Republik. Fare is 170.
From there, take a motorcycle ride to Brgy. Hingatmonan Sitio Suron. Fare is 100 per head.
Landmarks you can tell the habal2x drive are:
*Adto mi sa Suron, Dakit
*Adto mi ila kelly cario
*Parkinganan sa Volkswagen/Bao2.
Upon drop-off: on the right side of the road, you will see a footpath (downhill) follow the path until you see the campsite by the river.
From TCH (around 5.1 km straight ahead from Foressa Mountain Town)
Take the right turn after JBY GAS STATION across FELMA EATERY same corner going to Tree House de valentine.
Keep right and drive for 15-20mins. until you see a sign board ‘SITIO SURON & SITIO BANGKAL’ then turn right. drive straight until you reach The Natural Habitat parking area.
Upon drop-off: on the right side of the road, you will see a foot path (downhill) follow the path until you see the camp site by the river.
Pinned Map Location Here:
Travel Tips and Pointers:
Try to consider the following before heading to Natural Habitat for a remarkable trip and memories for keeps.
1. Check the campsite’s official FB page for details and some requirements during the pandemic.
2. Reserve your stay/accommodation to secure your spot since it is becoming notable to campers/tourists alike.
3. Always check the weather condition on your scheduled visit dates to ensure a viable camp/stay.
4. Always observe the government and health protocols.
5. Respect and follow campsite rules.
6. Leave no trace.
7. You are expected to be a responsible traveler anywhere, anytime.
Watch Vlog here for more details:
‘Til my next adventure, fellow wanderers. Keep safe and stay healthy always.
*Some photos and video clips are credited to the rightful owners